Thursday, January 4, 2007

Mainland China, Nungambakkam, Chennai, India


Simply wow. This has to be the best, repeat, the best, chinese food place in town. I am sure there are smaller restaurants that can churn out this kind of food. But this is the best i have eaten ever, in India and in the US. I wonder if the chinese in China can cook better than this. Ok, thats carrying it too far.

I have been there many times, and is still one of the better joints to visit as a family. Its not cheap, but nor is it outrageously expensive. The environment is five-star class, and the service is great. The food service was mixed, in the sense sometimes fast and sometimes a tad-bit slow. But there has been nothing that has stuck in my head as an issue. The restaurant is spacious and restroom (i think is always a good indication of the quality of the place) is clean and well maintained.

Now the food, that is the best part. I am not so sure where to start. The starters, cripy spinach and fried corn are my favourites. There is of course the usual spring rolls and drumsticks and the unusual. In the main course, the pick is really just about anything. I have tasted a few of the chicken and veg dishes, and each one is unique and tastes great. The noodles, is one of the best i have tasted. I usually dont like noodles, but this place i recently took some, and it was awesome. I need to try somemore, the next time.

But before i finish i must talk about daarsaan and date pancake, the desserts. Each of these with ice-cream is the reason to save some space at the end of the meal. They also have a nice business lunch buffet during weekdays which offers a collection of dishes, and includes daarsaan and ice-cream. A reason to visit for lunch more often. But since i tend to skimp on food during lunch, it becomes a tough choice to go to a buffet place. There is something about buffet and over-eating. I wonder what !!

Visit to Mainland China can be pleasant experience. The hotel has also solved the car parking problem, by introducing valet parking (the new fad in town, thanks to the parking problem).

Mainland China

1 comment:

Unknown said...






Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully

I can add you and follow.



Buffet Lunch in Chennai with Price